Taste of Morocco
May 8-17, 2016 – You missed it! Check back for next year’s dates.
Let your heart, body and spirit be transformed on this journey to mystical Marrakech, a centuries-old city in the heart of Morocco in stunning North Africa. Rosina-Fawzia Al-Rawi has hosted this program for more than a decade.
Fawzia al-Rawi, daughter-in-law of our guide Sidi al-Jamal, will guide your inner and outer journey as you explore the many faces of Divine Love. You will be accompanied by Salima Adelstein, faculty member and co-president of the University of Spiritual Healing and Sufism. Experience the light of Morocco and taste the spirit of its Sufi traditions and Islamic heritage.
- Housing in Riyad Tasneem, Fawzia’s traditional Moroccan guest house in the heart of old Marrakech .
- Cost of most scheduled activities
- Delicious Moroccan meals on rooftop terrace with a view of the snow-topped Atlas mountains
- Experiencing the light and essence of Marrakech
- Teachings by Fawzia & others, including sacred dance, music and healing with the Divine Names and the Arabic alphabet
- Many other activities to be chosen by the group after arrival
- Time for sightseeing and shopping in colorful “souks” (bazaars) for clothing, perfumes, scarves, rugs, jewelry and handicrafts
Dates include travel time – your actual time in Morocco is May 9-16.
Price: $4,000 (does not include airfare or taxi from airport).
Deposit: a $2,000 deposit will secure your place.
To reserve your place on this trip please contact Raja Jennifer at the Farm of Peace, 717-573-4722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosina-Fawzia Al-Rawi is the daughter-in-law of our guide, Sidi Shaykh Mohammad al-Jamal and has studied very closely with him and translated many of his books. She has a PhD in Islamic Sciences and Linguistics. She lives in Vienna where she runs her zawiyah named “The House of Peace.” She also works with various Sufi schools and traditions in Morocco. She is a teacher and author. Her books include Midnight Tales – A Woman’s Journey through the Middle East and Grandmother’s Secrets: The Ancient Rituals and Healing Power of Belly Dancing.